Photobucket

Thursday, October 05, 2006

How Long does it take to get to Howlong?

It's an old joke but it's just not funny anymore.

I decided on a last minute trip to Howlong to meet up with Mum and Dad for a couple of days. Mark was working so I packed up the kids on Sunday and set off. All was going well until...

12:53pm...


Andrew had just answered the call of nature beside this road in the middle of nowhere. We had gone about 50m down the road and the battery light came on and then the water temp went right up to H. I pulled over and popped the hood. Everything was sizzling away. Called the RACV and two hours later we were on the road again with a new alternator belt. He also said he tightened the power steering belt. More about that later...



We travelled on the Benalla and turned into the petrol station for Gas. It was then I discovered that I couldn't steer!!!!!! It was like driving a car without power steering only 10 times harder...

3:42 pm...

That's right. Another call to the RACV. This time a cog on the Power Steering belt had ceased and couldn't be fixed on the spot.
Two hours later we were on the road agin with a hire car (Thank goodness for RACV Total Care). After one wrong turn we arrived at the caravan park just after 7pm.
A 4 hour trip took us almost 9 hours!!!

Oh and if things weren't bad enough when I went to pay for my gas I discovered that my Mastercard had expired the day before!!!

Thankfully my wonderful Mum and Dad had dinner waiting for us so we were able to sit and relax. The kids were sooooooooo good. They were stuck in the car for most of the time as they couldn't run around near the road.

The rest of the trip flew by with a hot trip to a local show, freezing dips in the pool, and an attack magpie that 'disappeared' while we were out one day.



Huge scrapping weekend coming up. Lots of projects to get through and things to catch up on. I am really looking forward to it.

Have a great day!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Sharon what a trip, you must have been so exhausted after all that car trouble and 9 hours later, I awful, especially with the kids.

I hope you have fun scrapping, it is always lovely, when you get some time to scrap, love it !! Can't wait to see what you do with the Lime Tarts, I hope you have heaps of fun Philippa, is wonderful, and so easy to work with.

Best Wishes
Carole.

11:00 am  
Blogger Chris Millar said...

Oh no Sharon! You poor thing! I have nothing to complain about with my weekend now after hearing about yours!LOL Glad you got there eventually and enjoyed yourself!

11:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez...you had some real bad luck... but I certainly can sympathise!! Had the same sorts of problems before I sold the damn thing !! But at least I never got stuck in the middle of nowhere with two little kids. How wonderful that they were so patient, can't say I would have been. Happy to hear that you've made it home.... but what about the car? Do you still have the hire care or did it get fixed while you were at Mum and Dads? Looking forward to seeing you this weekend...take care !!

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home