Photobucket

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bubs, Mags and Loooooooong Weekends!!

First of all, Welcome to the World little Harvey Lawrence!!! Congratulations Sarah and Tony and we look forward to meeting your new bundle of joy!!

It has finally arrived!
I was very excited to get a letter a couple of weeks ago telling me that this layout would be on the cover of Scrapbooking Memories. I knew it was in the running but it had been a while since I had heard anything so I presumed nothing had come of it.
Anyway this is my gorgeous Andrew (on the right) and his buddy and cousin Aden. The Basic Grey Fruitcake papers were perfect for this layout and lots of fun to play with.
I was also lucky enough to have two other layouts published in this issue as well.


We have just enjoyed an extended long weekend away. It was wonderful being out in the fresh air and sunshine. This was the first time we had camped in the tent since the kids had been born. It was great fun, although hard work keeping track of the kids. Thankfully the caravan park is set up well for the kids and there was pleanty of activities and bigger cousins to keep them entertained.
Withing minutes of arriving the kids were filthy from head to toe and pretty much remained that way for the rest of the time we were there. Dirt is fun!!!

We also tried out mini golf...I think we will wait until they are a bit older to try that again. By the end of it I felt like joining Ali in her little nap...

One other activity we tried was fishing. Andrew was sooooooo excited about giving it a try and asked at least 10 times a day. Finally on the last day off we went to the jetty. We didn't hold out much hope and were proved right but he enjoyed it anyway.
After the non event fishing trip Mark decided to take Andrew to the local Trout Farm today. SUCCESS! Andrew caught 3 trout and 1 salmon. We all enjoyed the trout for dinner tonight. Yummo!

And the best thing about the Trout Farm is that they scale and clean the fish for you!!!!!
On the scrapping front...
*Finished a layout for a SM product challenge.
*Accepted another SM product challenge.
*Have a gorgeous collection of 3 Bugs - Seeing Stars - range from Leisa at Scrapsidaisy to work with. Looking forward to some great boy layouts!!
*Must, Must, Must finish off 3 CJ's and get them sent off.
&Hoping to crop this Friday night.
That's it from me for now.
Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Scrap Ya Later!
Sharon











7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Millar said...

I was so stoked when I saw your layout on the cover Sharon!!! How terrific and I bet Andrew is chuffed?!!
Love your other layouts in the mag too! How wonderful that you had a weekend away - look at Miss Ali!LOL

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay !! Congrats again on the cover....just wait until Friday night, we'll all bow and courtsey!!! Stunning other layouts in the mag too Sharon. Cool stuff !!
I'm happy to hear that you had a terrific weekend away, love the photos...will you have a few more to show me on Friday? Sounds like you have a very keen fisherman there too!!
Also sounds like you have a lot of scrapping challenges ahead with DT work, mag work and CJs.
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Deb x xx

9:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic cover page. I will have to tell all my friends how clever my big sister is.

The dirt looks like it was lots of fun. It could have been mud.

I look forward to hearing all the new adventures your kids have been getting up to. Something about glueing Andrew's head together?

Jenny

4:41 pm  
Blogger Trish Reed said...

Fabulous layouts all of them!!! What a really beautiful cover it was.
Trish

11:02 pm  
Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Sharon
Huge congrats on the cover taht is fantastic. Ugh mud don't you just love the stuff. I swear it jumps off the ground and onto the kids...lol.
Best Wishes
Joanne

4:24 pm  
Blogger Crackers Art said...

Shaz, soooo impressed with your magazine cover. How does Andrew feel being a celebrity cover model? He might start charging you for his time! LOL.
How's his poor little head - I hope that glue is holding!!

9:19 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations on your SM cover Sharon.

I hope you can get a newstand poster.

Nicole xx

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home